Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

making stuff

Hobbies are fulfilling my day now. Every day I do drawings, stories, try to sculpt something or make music. It makes the day pass by. It also improves my skills. I never wanted to be an artist for money. Whenever I am forced to do something according to someones elses idea, I cannot come to a pleasing form. Even when I force myself to do a specific thing, it never works out the way I want. Free thinking while I create, makes the best art.

For example, my sculpture of Sherlock Holmes. I never intended to start sculpting him. I just wanted to try something new. And 3 days later, I end up with this little beauty. Made from white and blue fimo clay and painted over with acrylic paint. It actually looks like that English beauty Benedict Cumberbatch. Now am I trying to make another sculpture, of Matt Smith. The current Doctor Who. Maybe he has a difficult face, or maybe it is because I force myself to do another sculpture... But it does not really look like him. I don't have a picture yet of him, since I am still working on him. However, I hope that with some paint, he will brighten up a bit more.

No comments: