Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Contradictory

People tend to contradict themselves quite often. Even without knowing, I guess. Whenever people say something or give advice, think about whether they would ever follow this or not.

Take my mother for example (yes, I write a lot about her, because she is so interesting). She always told me to stay friends with people, even though they have hurt you. I have an ex-boyfriend, who dumped me through an e-mail. In that e-mail he told me, that he had been cheating with another woman and she was much sweeter, she was better etc. After that I did not see him any more for quite a while, even though I called him up to try to become friends (after my mothers advice).
Now I met him again. It was a huge surprise to suddenly bump into him. He was nice and I tried to become friends with him, because that was the thing my mother always had said. After a while, I told my mother I met him again. She immediately told me to stay away from him and be cautious.
Where is the "you have to stay friends with him" spirit gone?

Another example is myself. I tend to be the person people go to for advice about relationships, sex etc. I don't know why. Probably, because I listen to them and they like someone to listen. During those conversation, I always try to give them advice on how to proceed, or solve the problem. Which is pretty weird, considering I don't have a lot of experience concerning these kind of problems. I had two serious relationships in my life. The first did not end well (look in the text above) and the other was no walk in the park either. I cannot say I did not enjoy the relationships. I had a lot of fun and love. But two relationships is not much and most of the times, the problems my friends have, I never had. But I still tend to know how to solve this problem and give them my wise advice. Do I ever follow these solutions myself? I actually don't know. It depends on the situation and whether I still can think clearly.

But in whatever way we live. There is always a day of contradictory.

No comments: