Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

30 day challenge, day 10: songs I listen to when I'm happy, sad, bored, hyped and angry

Borstel, Deeltjes, Muziek, Sleutel, Golf, Lijn

When you're happy and you know it...

This challenge is difficult. I listen to a lot of music and different styles. However, I do not change my taste much when I am in a certain mood. 

My favorite song is by Enya, Caribbean blue. It calms me down, makes me happy and gives me a feeling of being one with the world. The use of rhythm to mimic the waves calls to me. I do not recall when I first heard this song, but I was sold. More artists I like to listen to are Micheal Jackson, Ruth Jacott (Dutch female singer) and ABBA.

Sadness is just a moment

When I am sad, it does not matter what kind of music is on. Sometimes it depends on the reason why I am sad. When I am sad because the relationship ended, I do not want to hear sappy love songs. I rather hear Muse or Rammstein. Sonne from Rammstein is very beautiful in a way and I like the version where the woman sings her monologue.

Bored bored bored bored booooored

Even I can get bored. I often listen to podcasts or radio plays. Welcome to Nightvale is a nice one and I am a big fan of Cabin Pressure. Very intense music has my preference as well. Epic fantasy music makes my heart skip faster and I can make up so many stories then.



I'm flying hiiiiigh

When I am hyped, I start listening a bit more to quilty pleasure music and more rhythmic music. Dragostea di tei from O-Zone always gets met laughing and L'amour toujours from Gigi d'Agustino is nice as well. As long as is funny or has a good bass, I'm in for it.

Teeth grinding

In the original challenge, the last theme was actually mad, but I think the emotion should be angry. I am not easily angered and i cannot think of a time when I listened to music when I was angry. I imagine Muse and Rammstein again. Another song that I cannot place anywhere but I like to mention here is Nine inch nails with Closer. The beat just gets me and I know the lyrics are a bit... sexual and extreme. But I like it.

No comments: