Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2016

30 day challenge, day 4: A habit I regret

Regret, regret... and try to forget


Eating too much

When I think about all my habits and how I live my life, I do not have many regrets. However, one of my habits I always disliked is eating too much.
"Why do you do it then?" you might ask. And I agree.
I am overweight, I do not feel great at all when I overeat and it has only disadvantages.

To eat (fatty foods) or not to eat (and try to eat healthy)

However, I do like to eat. And a quarter of the time I am not aware how much I am eating. With all my hobbies and activities I do not have a lot of attention to what I eat. Eating a bag of chips/crisps? Easy. Eating an entire lasagne and then have some more food? Sure, I can.
On the other hand I can go for a long time without food, but then I have a real craving for something sweet.
Eating too much has some effect on my mood. When I become aware that I eat too much and, again, I feel guilty. But when I try to eat less, or eat more fruits and vegetables, I will get tired of the taste after a while and want to eat fatty foods.

Losing weight?

Trying to lose weight with this habit is difficult. I have heard Steven Fry say you can decide better if you are full and your sugar level is high. Only when you want to lose weight, by eating more healthy, it is getting more difficult.
Should I eat potatoes, a little meat and all that broccoli? Or should I go for easy and eat the pizza I like, with lots of cheese and meat?
Don't get me wrong. I do eat a lot of vegetables and when I cook, most of my dishes are actually very healthy. The problem then is that I eat for (at least) two, because I like it too much.

Thankfully I do am aware about how to combat most of my bad habits. The other bad habit I have, is I get too distracted and forget the ways to stay healthy. But to help me with losing weight and creating new habits, that are actually healthy, I bought a sport watch. With this, I hope to get myself more into shape and encourage myself to be more active.

No comments: