Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

30 day blog challenge, day 19: nicknames I have, why I have them

I called myself after the character of my book (I also made this picture myself)

I do not drink but...

My family just shortens my name into Bar, which is weird if you are a stranger. When I was very young it went even a bit stranger in that my mother started to make the name smaller. I was called Barretje (little bar in Dutch).  I do not even drink alcohol. Before you ask me, I do not like the taste. I have nothing against alcohol or people who like it. I just do not.


Yep that is me, as Netherlands (character from Hetalia, by Himaruya Hidekaz)


Landchan

For the rest, the only one who gives me nicknames, is my girlfriend. And most of them are too personal to put on this page.
One nickname I can name is Landchan. This is because I cosplay a character known as Netherlands. He is the representation of Netherlands in the series Hetalia. I like playing him and dressing up as him. So that is the Land-part of the nick name. Chan is a Japanese term. You call someone chan when:
1. the person is a small child, ie, younger sibling or friends sibling
2. the person is cute, usually younger, usually a girl
3. can be used on pet cats, dogs, etc..

I don't know why she calls me chan, because I am older, do not consider myself cute and I am definitely not a pet. But it is also a specific nickname, for me. I like it.

No comments: